This month, CABE PDS, in partnership with Sistema Educativo Estatal (SEE) de Baja California and Project GLAD® National Training Center, launches a unique pilot opportunity for bilingual teachers in California and Baja California.
- Up to 20 California elementary teachers from Spanish Dual Language Immersion programs with a BCLAD or Bilingual Authorization
- Up to 20 Mexican English-as-a-Second-Language teachers
- Become a Project GLAD®-certified teacher!
- Develop high levels of academic Spanish while learning how to support the same in all your students!
- Enjoy a bilingual, bicultural professional development experience with your colleagues!
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues from Mexico and California!
- Learn about Mexico’s educational system!.
WHEN & WHERE:
Tier 1 Theory and Research
July 20-23, 2016 (4 days Wednesday-Saturday) Professional development in English and Spanish presented at Grand Hotel Tijuana, Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Tier 1 Demonstration Session
Late September/Early October (4 days) Professional development in Spanish at the San Bernardino City Unified School District in Southern California
COST: $5,000 per teacher REGISTER: http://cabe.k12oms.org/1524-113667
- Project GLAD® Tier 1 Theory/Research workshopin Tijuana, BC, Mexico, for all participants
- Roundtrip transportation from San Diego, CA, to Tijuana,Mexico, for the Tier 1 Theory and Research Workshop
- Lodging (double occupancy), food in Tijuana, Mexico,July 20-23, 2016 at the Grand Hotel Tijuana
- Cultural activities (whole group; transportation andescort provided) in the evening
- International travel insurance
- Project GLAD® Tier 1 Demonstration workshop in San Bernardino City Unified SchoolDistrict in Southern California, fall 2016
- Lodging (double occupancy), food in San Bernardino, fall 2016